Heinz Hall was originally the Loew’s Penn Theater, built in 1927 as an opulent movie house and regarded as the most magnificent theater between New York and Chicago. The Loew’s Penn Theater closed its doors for good in 1964, scheduled for demolition. John Heinz II and the Pittsburgh Symphony saw promise in the grand, but aging building, and undertook a 3-year, $10 million reconstruction. On September 10, 1971, the building reopened as the Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts.
600 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Dec 17, 2018
Dec 17 - Dec 18, 2018
Copyright 2018 - Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council. All Rights Reserved.