The Tull Family Theater, a nonprofit, independent film-driven arts organization created to strengthen cultural, educational and entertainment experiences in the region northwest of Pittsburgh. The Theater fulfills this mission by:
- Offering an intentional wide range of films and genres—new releases, classics, documentaries, educational and foreign films, plus art, music, opera and stage plays on screen.
- Presenting films, events and free cultural performances serving primarily Allegheny, Beaver, Butler and Washington counties, while drawing patrons from West Virginia, Ohio and beyond.
- Enabling hundreds of children from nearby underserved communities to attend screenings—many of them entering a cinema for the first time in their lives—by providing transportation, tickets and a full cinematic experience at no cost.
- Pioneering sensory friendly screenings and events in the region northwest of Pittsburgh, opening new cultural options to families, children and adults impacted by autism and other special needs.
- Launching free events designed for senior citizens, incorporating a film screening, live music and a panel discussion and Q&A session with experienced experts around relevant topics.
- Supporting underrepresented filmmakers through the Filmmakers in Residence program and encouraging other artists through its Emerging Filmmakers Showcase.
- Providing Cinema Maker Sessions (CiMS) workshop series to introduce middle school students to the basics of filmmaking, including the