NCECA - free Exhibits, Activities, Talks & More
Please note, this event has expired.
A huge National Ceramics Conference (NCECA) is coming to Pittsburgh! Union Project is hosting free exhibitions and activities throughout the week – come join us to view, experience, buy, and play with clay!
- ACTIVITIES at Union Project
• Tuesday, Mar. 13
– 6:30pm – 8:30pm: Creative Conversation: NCECA artists Lauren Karle & Jeni Gard: Create, discuss, and collaborate with guest artists Lauren Karle and Jeni Hanson Gard and their project, “Weaving Dialogues”.• Wednesday, Mar. 14
– Project Canary: The Real Life Repercussions of Politics with guest artists Lauren Karle & Nicole Gugliotti
– 10:00am – 5:00pm: Mini Highland Park Pottery Tour – pick up a map at Union Project to tour
All activities and events are FREE.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
- Artist Reception: Thursday, Mar. 15
Artist Reception at Union Project: NCECA 2018 Concurrent Exhibit with special guest Wigle Whiskey
– 6:00pm – 8:00pm
– Meet nationally-recognized artists, view cutting-edge ceramic works from over 50 artists, and enjoy light refreshments & libation samplings with our friends from Wigle Whiskey for this special Comprehensive Artist Exhibit Reception!
- Creative Conversation: NCECA artists Lauren Karle & Jeni Gard
– Wednesday, March 14 at 6:30pm
– Our Creative Conversations provide a platform for community members to engage in important conversations around agape love, finding and defining community, and inclusion. Each conversation is shaped by those participating in this open format. Come share your unique perspectives, hopes, and concerns for the community!
This month is a special Creative Conversation in collaboration with guest artists Lauren Karle and Jeni Hanson Gard with their project, “Weaving Dialogues”.
Weaving Dialogues is an ongoing series of conversations that are interconnected by prompts embroidered on a tablecloth. It began in Newark, Ohio with the question ‘Describe an experience that changed you’ embroidered onto 5 tablecloths. Guests had a conversation concerning the topic and added to the prompt – symbolically creating one dialogue between different participants. These prompts are embroidered into the tablecloth as a glimpse into the conversation, leaving viewers to ponder what was said between each line.
801 N Negley Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
There is plenty of on street parking and a public access parking lot which holds up to 40 cars.
We are also conveniently located on two major bus routes (71A and 87.)
Union Project is committed to being accessible to all. Union Project is wheelchair accessible via our Stanton Avenue door. Please let us know what accommodations we can make to ensure your experienceView more
Union Project is committed to being accessible to all. Union Project is wheelchair accessible via our Stanton Avenue door. Please let us know what accommodations we can make to ensure your experience is positive, contact Michelle Clesse at email@example.com if you have specific accommodations or needs. Service dogs welcome.View less