Based on the real-life Newsboy Strike of 1899, this musical tells the story of Jack Kelly, a rebellious newsboy who dreams of a life as an artist away from the big city. After publishing giant Joseph Pulitzer raises newspaper prices at the newsboys’ expense, Kelly and his fellow newsies take action. With help from the beautiful female reporter Katherine Plumber, all of New York City soon recognizes the power of “the little man.
Ticket Price Range
$23 - $35
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Feb 22, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Wed)
- Feb 23, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Feb 24, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Feb 25, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
- Feb 25, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Feb 26, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sun)
Additional time info:
The performance on Thursday, February 23rd will be immediately followed by a talkback.
350 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
On-street metered parking is available along Forbes Avenue and adjacent streets at Pittsburgh Parking Authority hourly rates.
The nearest public parking garage is located at the Hilton Garden Inn, 250 Forbes Avenue. Other garages and surface parking lots are located downtown at various rates; many have discounted rates beginning at 4pm. Please note that some may be cash only.
Patrons are always welcome to drop off and pick up directly in front of the doors. Please note there is no curb cut directly in front of the playhouse entrance, only at the street corner of Forbes and Smithfield. For patrons desiring to park as close as possible to the Pittsburgh Playhouse, we recommend these options:
- On-street metered parking is available along Forbes Avenue and adjacent streets at Pittsburgh Parking Authority hourly rates.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 250 Forbes Avenue: 500ft away. Accessible Parking: Designated accessible spaces are available on levels 3, 4 & 5 by the elevators
- Forbes Garage, 400 Fourth Ave: 700ft away. Designated accessible parking areas
The performance on Saturday, February 25th at 7:30PM will be ASL interpreted and audio described.
The performance on Saturday, February 25th at 7:30PM will be ASL interpreted and audio described.View less